Friday 23 November 2007

People chasing their dreams around the world


Recently, I started thinking about the freedom each one has and if we take good advantage of it.

A few days ago, I exchanged a couple of emails with my ex flat-mate, a nice Finn girl. She told me she is going to move to Australia in 1st of January. Wow, this is a big decision for the first day of the new year!

Another girl I know from Norway is setting off to South America for three months...for holiday!

Last night, I talked to a Finn guy I met almost three years ago. He currently works in London, but he is moving around a lot.

Last May, I attended a translation conference, and I met freelance translators from numerous countries, and they all had a thing in common; traveling and living in different countries for long periods of time.

I would like to be able to live in Finland, but something holds me back. I like traveling around, but I want to have my "HOME" where I will be able to come back every time I need some stability or even whenever I run out of money! At the time, "HOME" is my mother's home, as I do not own a home myself.

I admire those who chase their dreams around the world. I would like to include myself in them, but I wonder... Do we travel, because we want to reach something or because we want to escape from something? I feel lonely often, and traveling makes me happy. Does everyone else feel the same?

No comments: