Monday 5 November 2007

I want to become a writer!

This is a light post. I am going to write about my dream job!

Since I was a child, I have changed many times my "professional dreams". My favourite careers were various; translator, stock broker, physics researcher, actress, stylist, PR practitioner. They all need you to be accurate, and a tiny mistake may damage your reputation . I have always liked action, and this is why I travel a lot, I talk to hundreds of people, and exchange numerous ideas with men and women of all different ethnic backgrounds and ages.

I have been working as a freelance translator for the last months. It is something that I like for one more reason; I can travel everywhere I want and all I need is my laptop, an Internet connection, and my ATM card to collect the money I earn. But there is no evolution in being a translator.

I write since I remember myself writing. I was writing sketches, poems, even theatre scripts! I never showed them, because I was shy. As I grew up, I was writing articles in newspapers. I enjoyed it a lot. If you are a writer, you can evolve and challenge yourself becoming better every time. You can write about anything, and no one is going to call you an idealist or a liar, because you are free to write about any fantastic hero, place, and time.

I have written some stories which I would like to have published some time, but I don't have the appropriate connections, maybe because I do not know where to search for them! It would be lovely if I could be a writer, and not stick behind a desk at someone's office!

No comments: