Wednesday 17 October 2007

Depression, because of the University of Stirling

I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). BPD is characterised by emotional dyregulation and exteme 'black and white' thinking. I am thinking too much about the future, and I forget to live in the present. I am trying to get over it. I will start chasing my dreams again. The dreams that some people raped and killed. Some people who call themselves "educational staff" of Stirling University, in Scotland.

In September of 2006, I decided to continue my studies and go to Scotland for an MSc. In the start, I could not believe that they were so badly organised, but I showed patience. I had chosen that University, because I was interested in some modules which were not offered anymore without any notice. The Master's degree was a taught course, and there were three teachers teaching. Only one of them had a relevant PhD. The second had a relevant Master's degree and the third not even a Master's.

I was so deadly surprised when I found out that no one controls the Scottish Universities, and they can do everything they want. I was harassed by the educational staff, but the only chance I could bring justice was to pay a lawyer. I was in such a mess that I spent several days in the hospital at Stirling. I wanted to go back home, and I could not face the idea of spending another day in that land.

A few words about the programme: There were no exams, only homework. In case someone failed, they had no right to resit. They informed us about this, once we had enrolled and paid. I can also write about something that happened to me! I hope to make youl laugh! We had a module called Media Relations. The evaluation was upon four assignments (each counting 25%). I had C, B, B, B and guess what my overall grade was! It was a C! I was the only person who faced that. About half of the students had C, C, B, B and they had a B for their overall grade. They simply never accepted that a disabled person can have dreams, the desire to evolve, and mainly the guts and the abilities to progress. How can someone like those people educate you?

I dropped out the nightmare, and in March 2007. I decided I had to take my life in my hands. I started working as a freelance translator, and going out with my friends. Now, I have decided to finish my Master, but I don't know where. Either England or Finland. We'll see.

No comments: